During the past TMS2014 annual meeting and exhibition (San Diego, USA, 16-20/02/2014), Dr. Yuwen Cui was appointed as committee member of the ASM Alloy Phase Diagram (APD) for the next three years. ASM International is a materials science and engineering society where materials users, producers, and manufacturers converge to do business. APD committee members are experts in the field of phase diagrams and:
- Provide oversight and guidance for the involvement in alloy phase diagram data activities.
- Serve on the selection committee for the J. Willard Gibbs Phase Equilibria Award.
- Monitor the technical standards of ASM’s phase diagram products and provide input during product development.
- Maintain continual surveillance of the technical quality of "Journal of Phase Diagram and Diffusion" and advise the editor and staff on technical matters.
- Organize programming for the annual “Phase Stability, Diffusion, and Kinetics (PSDK)” symposium at MS&T and for related symposium at TMS.