Solidification Processing & Engineering
From 1998, Dr Milenkovic has authored or co-authored more than 40 papers in peer-reviewed international journals. Also, he gave more than 30 talks in international conferences. The eminence of his scientific contributions is manifested by h-index of 9 and more than 185 citations according the ISI Web of Knowledge database. Based on his scientific track record, position in the field, and contributions to the science and technology of advanced materials, he was recently included in the 2010 Edition of “Who’s Who in the World” and 2010 IBC Edition of “Top 100 Scientists”.
His research interest is twofold. The first one is focused on materials processing, solidification behaviour, mechanical and microstructural characterisation, as well as processing-structure-property relationships of Ni-based superalloys, intermetallic compounds and eutectic alloys for high-temperature applications. The second research field of interest is nanotechnology in general, and more specifically synthesis and characterisation of metallic nanowires through directional solidification and electrochemical treatment of eutectic alloys. His research experience has evolved through various research projects, funded both by industry and national and European funding programmes.
- Since 2011 Head of the Solidification Processing and Engineering Group at IMDEA Materials Institute, Spain.
- 2010 Head of the nanotechnology lab and lecturer at the Institute for Chemical Technology of Inorganic Materials, Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria.
- 2004 Postdoctoral research associate, Department of Interface Chemistry and Surface Engineering of the Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH, Germany.
- 2003 Max-Planck-Society postdoctoral fellowship for Advancement of Science, Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH, Germany.
- 2002 PhD Materials Engineering, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil.
- 1998 MSc Materials Engineering, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil.
- 1995 BSc degree in Metallurgy, Belgrade University, Serbia.