Electrochemical Energy Storage, Nanomaterials
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
- ACADEMIC CAREER
- HONORS AND AWARDS
Research of the Electrochemistry Group is largely focused on the development of functional electrode materials made up of nanostructured building blocks that combine the desired performance and safety for electrochemical energy storage. Particularly, engineering of carbon, metal oxide and hybrid nanostructures. Engineering of these electroactive materials across multiple length scales, tailoring of the interfaces and electronic properties on a “molecular” scale enabled their scalable synthesis and efficient energy storage. Another key objective of his research is the development of advanced energy storage devices combining several advantages (such as high capacity, power density and long cycle-life) through developing new electrochemistries. Electrochemistry group is also engaged in the investigation of surface chemistry and interfacial properties of battery components through spectroscopic and microscopic techniques.
- 2016: Researcher and Head of the Electrochemistry Group at the IMDEA Materials Institute, Spain.
- 2014-2015. Research Associate, Purdue University, USA
- 2013-2014: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan, USA
- 2010-2012: Postdoctoral Fellow, Bar Ilan University, Israel
- 2007-2010: PhD in Materials Chemistry, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- 2006-2007: Research Fellow, Center for Materials for Electronics Technology (CMET), Ministry of Information Technology, India
- 2006-2007: Lecturer, Triumphant Institute of Management Education, India
- 2006: Masters in Materials Chemistry, Kannur University, India.
- 2016 Talent Attraction Award from the Spanish Regional Government
- 2016 R&D 100 Award (Oscar of Innovation) Finalist
- 2016 Juan de la Cierva Fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation
- 2015 American Chemical Society Division of Environmental Chemistry Certificate of Merit Award
- 2013-2014 University of Michigan Energy Institute Partnerships for Innovation in Sustainable Energy Technologies (UMEI-PISET) Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2007-2011 European Union Framework Programme (FP6) PhD Fellowship