Today, 24th of March, took place at IMDEA Materials the first “3 minutes Thesis Talk ” 2022. This activity is an internationally recognized research communication competition developed by the University of Queensland in 2008. It is an activity in which doctoral students present their research projects to a non-specialized audience in just 3 minutes, focusing on what, how, and, why of your research, with a single PowerPoint slide, in language appropriate for a general audience. Due to its success, the competitions are now held annually around the world.
The jury was made up of three groups:
• José Manuel Torralba, director of IMDEA Materials
• The leaders of the IMDEA Materials program and Marco Celentani, Director of the UC3M Doctoral School
After an arduous selection work, the final result was the following:
• Director’s Choice: Cillian Thomson “Creating Bioabsorbable Materials to Repair Bones”
• Jury’s choice: Venkatesh Kumaran “Multi-component alloys: Defining the new age of materials”
• Audience Choice: Shegufta Tahsin Upama “The effect of processing on the structure and properties of carbon nanotube fiber-based hybrids”
Congratulations to the winners!
But we would like to mention the rest of the participants since it was very difficult to reach a final result:
• Guillermo Dominguez. Cardiovascular Zinc-based stent manufactured by additive manufacturing techniques (Cardio-Zinc)
• Angela Castro Maria. Airways On-a-Chip
• Keayvan Keramati. Using the artificial intelligence in manufacturing process
• Elaheh Kazemi Khasragh. Data-driven development to accelerate innovation of structure-property relation
• Maria Dolores Martin. Microstructure-Topology-Mechanical Properties relationship of 3D printed Mg-based scaolds for biomedical applications
• Syed Wahaaj Ali Rizvi. Bioresorbable composite of polymer reinforced with ceramic coated magnesium fibers for orthopedic applications
• Junchen Xiao. Predict the fire performance of polymer composites
• Abdulmalik Yusuf. Quest for Fire-Safe Lithium-ion Batteries
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT WORK!