Last June 14th, IMDEA Materials held through videoconference the kick-off meeting of its newly formed Industrial Advisory Board (IAB). The goal of this strategic initiative is to bring together a selected group of R&D industrial leaders, experts in technology transfer and entrepreneurship, in fields related to the areas of activity of the IMDEA Materials Institute, to provide strategical advice and guidance to improve the relationship between the Institute and industry.
The Board will explore new collaboration models, bring the scientific and technological capabilities of IMDEA Materials closer to industry and, ultimately, improve the transfer of knowledge and technology to society. Moreover, the IAB is intended to be an instrument that will facilitate the exchange of ideas between its members and the scientific staff of the Institute.
The IAB is chaired by Iñaki Ulizar (Director of Engineering and Technology, Indra TyD) and formed by:
- Dr. César Molins (Director General, AMES)
- Nicolás de Abajo (General Manager, Head of Global R&D Centres and Performance Optimization Leader, ArcerlorMittal)
- Dra. Rocío Muñoz (European Metal Materials Lead, HP)
- Jaime Fernández-Castañeda (Head of Research & Technology, ITP Aero)
- Dr. José Sánchez (Former Executive Composite Expert and Central Composite Authority at AIRBUS)
- Diego Moñux (Co-Founder and Executive Partner, SILO Company)
- Asunción Butragueño (Materials & Processes, Composite Failure Analysis Expert, AIRBUS)
- Javier Villacampa (Innovation Corporate Director, Grupo Antolín)
- Dr. Pau Turón (R&D Vice President, B. Braun Group)
- Gonzalo Löwenberg (Research Development and Innovation Director, Tolsa)
- Stéphane Cotte (Senior Engineer, Toyota Motor Europe)
- Gorka Ibáñez (Technical Consultant, MSC Software)